Hi, I’m Emily.
I am a recent PhD graduate who studies sleep and memory.
A few questions that I’m interested in are: how does poor sleep in old age affect memory quality? Are there differences in age-related decline in sleep quality for racial/ethnic minorities? Are there certain conditions under which the relationship between sleep and memory changes (e.g., racial discrimination, educational background, stress)? Finally, are there certain lifestyle factors that can improve sleep quality and thereby improve the ability to remember past events more clearly?
Given my curiosity in these topics, I enjoy writing about them. I have published academic research articles, as well as blogs (links below). Naturally, I enjoy writing in my free time. I also enjoy running, cycling, and powerlifting.
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of individual differences in naturalistic sleep quality and episodic memory performance in young and older adults – PubMed
- Age and Race-Related Differences in Sleep Discontinuity Linked to Associative Memory Performance and Its Neural Underpinnings
- Here’s why all night study sessions are really bad for your grades | Wellness | Sleep Junkies
- DUIs and Driving While Sleep Deprived: The Dangerous Similarities – Charged Magazine
- Sleep Well: Your Psychological Health Depends On It – Charged Magazine
Last Updated: August.06.2021